Hello! My name is Deepika, a former Accountant turned childminder with dual British/Sri Lankan citizenship. I love my new life working with children, as the Sole Director of Unique Angels Limited.
I have been an Ofsted registered childminder for nine years. Children I have looked after are between the ages of five months all the way up to 13-year-olds. I follow the EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage) curriculum with children aged 0-5 years old. In my care, they gain experience and knowledge in all 17 areas, before they begin school. Please see Services page to see exactly what this covers.
Children in my care have access to an extremely rich environment and great educational resources. Their learning is always supported by creative play, messy play, role play, multicultural activities and both indoor and outdoor activities.
I also have a car and a full clean UK driving licence. I can offer school drop-off and pick-up at flexible hours to a variety of local schools, (please see Services page to see which ones!).
A full list of my qualifications are as follows:
- DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checked and signed up for Update Service.
- Edexcel Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services.
- Edexcel Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People Workforce (Early Learning and Childcare).
- NCFE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare (Distinction).
- Combined Paediatric and Emergency First Aid at Work.
- Designated Level 3 Safeguard and Prevention Duty Officer (Conducted by Early Intervention Services -London Borough of Newham).
- Level 2 Food and Hygiene Safety.
- Level 2 Health and Safety.
- Promoting Positive Behaviour in Early Years Settings (Conducted by London Borough of Newham).
- Autism Awareness (Conducted by London Borough of Newham).
- Member of PACEY (Professional Association of Childcare and Early Years).
- Member of childminding network in London Borough of Newham.